-"مدرسة المنار للبنات لغات" او "Saint Andrew Scottish school" سابقاً ، انشأت المدرسة في عام 1925 وهي قائمة بشارع أمين فكري - محطة الرمل ،
تعد Scottish school من إحدي المدارس التي بناها الاجانب في مصر - علي مساحة فدان واحد - لنشر المذهب البروتستانتي فنجد المبني -الذي يعد حاليا - مبني القسم الثانوي علي شكل صليب متجه نحو الشرق ، ثم تم تأميم المدرسة لتكون تحت ادارة المعاهد القومية بعد عام 1952 و تم تغير اسمها لمدرسة المنار ،
كانت المدرسة في فترة الستينات مختلطة ليست للفتيات فقط فكان الصبيان يدرسون لحين اتمام الشهادة الاعدادية ثم يكملوا تعليمهم في EBS او victoria college ، و حتي تكوين المدرسة اختلف عن ما كان عليه في تلك الفترة ، حيث كان يوجد مبني مكون من دور واحد للفصول الابتدائية و الذي يمثل حالياً القسم الاعدادي ، و مبني اخر مكون من دور ارضي - يمثل القسم الابتدائي حالياً - و كان هو "الكانتين" ، والدور الاول فيه معمل العلوم وأوضة الموسيقى ، وبجانب هذا المبني نجد مبني شؤون الطلبة والعاملين ، فكان مبني الابتدائي يطل علي 2 playgrounds ، حيث كان يوجد في المدرسة 3 playgrounds ، و كما أن مبني المكتبة والمسرح القائم حالياً كان غير متواجد حينها ، و تواجد بين مبني الابتدائي والكانتين شجرة كبيرة وجرس يدوي كان يشده الحارس "عم مبروك" و هو اشهر حارس مر علي تاريخ المدرسة ، عاصر فيها معظم زمنها بمختلف حالاتها ، فالمدرسة في فترة الستينات كانت مختلفة عن ما هي قائمة عليه حاليا ما عدا القسم الثانوي ، و يوجد الآن داخل مبني الصفوف الثانوية لوحة خشبية مُدون عليها اسماء الطلبة المتفوقات حينها وكان يأتوا لزيارة المدرسة ورؤية اسمائهن ، اما بالنسبة للمدرسين في فترة السيتنات فكان البعض من الجنسية الاسكتلندية و الاغلب من الجنسية المصرية ، و يقال ان سابقاً كان المدرسون يرتدون الزي الاسكتلندي ، كانت مديرة المدرسة في تلك فترة الستينات هي أ/برلنتي ،ومن أبرز المديرين في الثمانينات أ/وسيمة المنشاوي و بعدها توالت الادارة بين أ/ سهير ، أ/ نفيسة ، أ/ فريدة هانم اسماعيل ، أ/ ليلي عبد القادر ، أ/ فاطمة صادق ، أ/ منال خطاب ، أ/ ايمان ياقوت ، أ/امال حناوي ، وحالياً أ/نهي جعفر ، و أيضا المدرسة كان بها العديد من المدرسين الذين تعملوا فيها وكبروا وتخرجوا منها ثم عادوا ليعملوا فيها و أبرزهم أ/جيهان عبد السلام و هي مديرة مبني القسم الابتدائي ، و أ/سهي سالم ، أ/داليا الشيخ ، أ/عبير التوني ، و أ/نادرة محمود ، و من اعلام المدرسة القدام هم أ/ عبد القادر سالم ، و أ/ سهير صالح ، و أ/مجدي حتاته ، و أ/ميرفت حناوي ،و أ/إيناس رمزي،و أ/ماجدة رمزي،و أ/ فايزة الصوري و أ/رجاء تواضرس وآخرين كانوا من مدرسين المدرسة الذين لا ينكر فضلهم أحد ،
دخلت المدرسة العديد من المسابقات اشهرهم العباقرة وفازت بالعديد من الجوائز ،واصبحت المدرسة علي الشكل الذي تبدوا عليه مع مرور الزمن.
"تلك الصور هي من ابناء المدرسة نفسها ومدرسي المدرسة نفسها".
"فالمنار عشق لا يعلمه الا ابناءها "
#أرشيف_الإسكندرية
Al-Manar Girls' Language School, formerly Saint Andrew's Scottish School, was established in 1925 and is located on Amin Fikry Street in Raml Station.
The Scottish School is one of the schools built by foreigners in Egypt—on a one-acre plot—to spread the Protestant faith. The building, which now houses the secondary section, is shaped like a cross facing east. After 1952, the school was nationalized and placed under the administration of the National Institutes, and its name was changed to Al-Manar School.
During the 1960s, the school was co-educational, not just for girls. Boys studied there until completing their preparatory certificate, then continued their education at EBS or Victoria College. Even the school's layout differed from what it had been during that period. There was a single-story building for the primary classrooms, which now represents the preparatory section, and another building with a ground floor—now representing the primary section—which served as the canteen. The first floor contained the science lab and music room. Next to this building was the student and staff affairs building. It overlooks 2 playgrounds, whereas the school had 3 playgrounds. Also, the library and theater building that is currently in place did not exist at that time. Between the primary school building and the canteen, there was a large tree and a hand bell that was pulled by the guard "Uncle Mabrouk," who is the most famous guard in the history of the school. He witnessed most of its time in its various states. The school in the sixties was different from what it is now, except for the secondary section. There is now inside the secondary school building a wooden board on which are written the names of the outstanding students at that time, and they used to come to visit the school and see their names. As for the teachers in the sixties, some were of Scottish nationality and most were of Egyptian nationality. It is said that in the past, the teachers used to wear Scottish clothes. The headmistress of the school in that sixties was Mrs. Berlanti, and among the most prominent headmistresses in the eighties was Mrs. Wasima Al-Manshawi, and after her, the administration was passed down between Mrs. Suhair, Mrs. Nafisa, Mrs. Farida Hanem Ismail, Mrs. Laila Abdel Qader, Mrs. Fatima Sadiq, Mrs. Manal Khattab. Ms. Iman Yaqout, Ms. Amal Hanawi, and currently Ms. Noha Jaafar, were among the school's teachers. Many others also graduated from the school and later returned to work there, most notably Ms. Gihan Abdel Salam, the head of the primary school building, Ms. Soha Salem, Ms. Dalia El Sheikh, Ms. Abeer El Touni, and Ms. Nadera Mahmoud. Other prominent figures from the school's past include Mr. Abdel Qader Salem, Ms. Sohair Saleh, Mr. Magdy Hatata, Ms. Mervat Hanawi, Ms. Enas Ramzy, Ms. Magda Ramzy, Ms. Fayza El Souri, Ms. Raja Tawadros, and many others whose contributions are undeniable.
The school participated in numerous competitions, most famously the "Geniuses" competition, and won many awards. Over time, the school has evolved into its current form.
"These photos are of the school's own students and teachers."